At Gillings Planning, as a small business, the relationships we have with our clients and contacts are really important and we want to be able to stay in touch and communicate with you all easily.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you including:
- Contact information including your name, company name, address, e-mail address and phone numbers.
- Technical information about your visit to our website including the IP address and the pages you have visited.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may give us your data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Request information about our services
- Use our services
- Apply for a job withus
- Request marketing information or brochures to be sent to you
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To provide you with services - processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
To provide you with information about our services – using your data to send communications about our services that we believe will be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing using the link at the bottom of any marketing e-mails we send or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Employment purposes – if you apply for a job with us we will collect personal data from you as provided on your CV.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We will use your personal data within Gillings Planning and it will only be shared with other parties in the circumstances as described below.
- Professional advisers we work with who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities in response to a valid request from a competent authority.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or call 02382 358 855.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Gillings Planning Limited is the data controller and responsible for your personal data. Our contact details are:2 Wessex Business Park, Colden Common, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 1WP
Telephone Number: 02382 358 855
For all data matters contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Gillings Planning respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.