Land off Upper Haysden Lane, Tonbridge
115 new homes and public open space
Client: Millwood Designer Homes
Planning Authority: Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council
Project Status: Planning Application Preparation
The site comprises 4.5 hectares of open farmland abutting the south-western extent of the built form of Tonbridge, Kent. The site is one of three parcels of land that combined form a larger strategic development site as proposed by the emerging local plan for circa 480 dwellings, a primary school and open space.
Our involvement commenced with the preparation of representations to the emerging Tonbridge and Malling Local Plan to assist with the release of this important green belt site. We have also led the coordination of the Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Statement, and coordinated the pre-application and planning application submissions.
The proposed development will be the subject of a major planning application seeking full planning permission for 115 dwellings in accordance with the strategic allocation in the emerging local plan. The application is to be submitted in spring 2020 and is the result of consultation undertaken with local residents, Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council, Kent County Council and stakeholders. The local plan is scheduled for examination in spring/summer 2020 and adoption towards the end of the year, at which point planning permission could be granted for the proposed development.
- Strategic site promoted via the Local Plan process
- Pre-application submission in January 2019
- Meetings with planning officers and stakeholders
- Community consultation with local residents
- Preparation of overarching framework for the wider strategic site
- Co-ordination of Environmental Impact Assessment
- Preparation of Environmental Statement
- Planning application to be lodged in spring 2020